NRG XC II
For detailed comparison between NRG PRO II and NRG XC II please click here »
NRG XC was designed on the foundations of the NRG PRO. It has the same advantages of a professional slalom racing wing in a XC oriented package!
It is a small, safe wing that allows fast flying for cross country ventures, expanding the possibilities for any experienced pilot.
NRG XC II- is a second generation of NRG XC, improved in all parameters of the wing.
One of the main upgrades we made was incorporation of the ABS® - Automatic Balance System - Industry first, pioneered by APCO.
Following the market feedback from Force II about ABS®, it was the natural next step for NRG XC. It improved the wing dramatically, shaping it as an even better XC oriented wing and polarizing the difference between flying at trim speed and accelerated flight.
At trim speed - always restless, super agile, fast wing with quick responses and incredible flying rush.
At accelerated flight the ABS® system comes into play automatically - generating a stable, efficient cross country machine.
ABS® is a system which automatically and gradually pulls down the tip steering as you release the trimmers and push the speed bar. This action stabilizes the wing , cancelling roll movement, "planting" the pilot under the center of the canopy.
This outstanding roll stability gives the pilot the best and most efficient flying path at high speeds! It is on cross country flights or when chasing down a friend that the ABS® system comes into play.
The ABS® system will get you from point A to B in the fastest way possible with no pilot input.
On trim speed, the system is not activated, allowing dynamic flight tuned for thrill and agility as should be with a true slalom racing wing.
With the ABS® tip steering handles together with the main 2D brakes in hand your every touch will be rewarded with an energetic and precise response , satisfying even the most demanding pilots!
Additional difference between the XC and the PRO is the line set. The NRG XC II uses sheathed lines for improved durability on harsh take-off surfaces. Top lines are are life-time warrantied, embedded hook-in points EHP® for improved aerodynamics.
The SRS® system will come into play whenever the pilot makes an error that causes stall behavior. It will automatically protect the pilot by lowering the angle of attack if the wing goes into a stall/parachutal/spin.
We have recently received warm praise from a pilot noticing how the SRS® saved him from stall/spin situation when exiting a spiral incorrectly. See video »
NRG XC II takes-off and lands at slower speed than you would expect, making flying easy. All thanks to new highly efficient reflex profile.
NRG XC II will excite every experienced pilot - you will be infected by the xc racing virus instantly.
NRG XC II purpose built for speed and agility, fun flying, and long distance speed racing.
NRG XC II Official Video – technical features included!
- ABS® Automatic Balance System
- OAA® - one action acceleration - Integrated trimmers and speed system for one action simultaneous operation more »
- Vectran and Kevlar Competition lines combine for optimized performance.
- Two Dimensional integrated brake configuration combining tip steering and main brake all in one.
- Improved Tip steering system, for high speed Slalom flying.
- Redesigned Reflex profile for wider speed range and better efficiency.
- SRS® - APCO's exclusive Stall Recovery System for built-in passive safety, easier launch and low speed take-off more »
- HIT valve® equipped leading edge, APCO unique feature for improved stability more »
- Flexon® battens system for ultimate durability - pioneered by APCO more »
- Air Extreme Ball Bearing Pulleys (BBP) - for easy and smooth speed bar operation
- Replaceable trim webbing and kamet buckle long-lasting trouble - free service more »
- Minimal drag, integrated APCO exclusive EHP® Embedded Hook In Points for unprecedented drag reduction more »
- Advanced diagonal rib structure
- Split A risers with built-in safe and wide speed range
- Hybrid fabric construction
- Butt Holes
- Swivels on brake handles
- Integral, built-in, Neodymium brake magnets
- Extremely easy inflation, launch and landing
- Universal riser + accelerator and trimmers to fit any paramotor frame
- Color design - astonishingly attractive
- 20mm. narrow profile riser for easier handling and reduced drag
ABS®, OAA®, Flexon battens® , HIT Valves ® ,SRS® and embedded hook-in points are exclusive APCO innovations, often imitated, never matched!!
|NRG XC II||16.5||17.5||18.5||19.5||20.5||22|
|Area (projected) [m2]||13.81||14.63||15.45||16.27||17.14||18.22|
|Span(incl. Stabiliser) [m]||9.57||10.05||10.53||10.39||10.91||11.43|
|Span (projected) [m]||7.49||7.86||8.24||8.13||8.53||8.95|
|Aspect Ratio (projected)||4.06||4.22||4.38||4.06||4.22||4.38|
|Pilot Weight (all up + paramotor unit) [kg]||70-90||70-100||70-110||70-120||70-130||70-140|
|Compeditor Weight (all
up + paramotor unit) [kg]
|Canopy Weight [kg]||4.18*||4.45*||4.72*||4.92*||5.21*||5.57*|
|Root Chord [m]||2.07||2.07||2.07||2.25||2.25||2.25|
|Tip Chord [m]||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.44||0.44||0.44|
|Length of Lines on B [m]||5.78||6.03||6.28||6.27||6.55||6.82|
|Total Length of Lines [m]||305||325||348||331||353||378|
* Approximate Weight
|V-trim off [km/h]||56|
|Min Sink [m/s] at optimal wing loading||1.4 m/sec|
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The wing uses the same long lasting cloth and fully sheathed durable lines as on previous APCO wings. This is to guarantee its integrity for entire expanded lifespan of the wing. Nevertheless we made maximum effort to reduce the weight of the wing thanks to advanced solutions applied.
APCO is traditionally known for using materials and building techniques which offer double and triple lifespan over the expected. The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different functions.
The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection against UV, wear and abrasion.
The bottom section of the brake lines is made of Polyester because of its better mechanical properties. The Carabiners that attach the lines to the risers are made of stainless steel.
|Sail cloth||"Zero Porosity" Ripstop Nylon|
|Material||Diameter [mm]||Strength [kg]|
Mid (a3,5;b3,5;c;d), St